In addition to St John’s, there are three sister churches in the Parish of Maindee and Lliswerry. St Andrew’s, St Mary’s and St Philip’s are all part of our church community.
St Andrew's Church, Lliswerry
St. Andrew’s has been recently refurbished and is in extremely good condition. Parishioners take a pride in its grounds and premises. All newcomers are most welcome.
The church was forced to close some years ago after it was found to have dry rot. It was left with the huge task of fundraising £50,000 to pay for the vital work needed for repair. £47,000 was raised for this historic old building. The money was collected through a combination of private and corporate donations, jumble sales and bucket collections.
Until further notice, for information regarding Baptisms, Weddings or any other enquiries about St Andrew’s, please contact Rev Linda direct at email@example.com . Please don’t use the online booking forms elsewhere on the site.
St Andrews Church
St Mary's Church
As a sister church of St. John’s, St Mary’s is a modern church set on a busy road. It’s 70’s style building replaced a “tin” church that had served the local community throughout most of the 20th century.
The main body of the church can be curtained off for social and community activities and there is a vestry with a small kitchen. It is situated at the junction of Wharf Road and Corporation Road.
Although it is small, the congregation are extremely friendly and welcoming
Sunday Morning Services
09:15 am every Sunday
St Mary's Church
St Philip's Church
This church is in need of some repair but it has a good size hall and a loyal and regular congregation.
Weekly – 4:00 pm Each Sunday
Weekly – 10:00 am Each Tuesday
On the 5th Sunday, there is an All Age Worship service
It is located on the north-west side of Jenkins Street close to its junction with Corporation Road. It originated as a Mission Church to satisfy the immediate needs of a growing congregation in the area in the 1920s. An appeal was launched for funds to build a Sunday School close to Corporation Road School (as St Andrews School, opposite, was then known). In July 1925, the new building was opened, serving as a parish hall and Sunday School. After operating in this capacity for 25 years, in 1950 the building was elevated to the status of a church (though still within the parish of St Andrew) and dedicated to St Philip, apostle and martyr.